August 13, 2015
For those of us who still runs WAMP, and upgraded to windows 10, might have realized that once you upgraded to Windows 10, WAMP started working.
If you wish to still use WAMP on Windows 10, following the following steps will sort this issue out.
- Click the windows/start button
- Type cmd
- Right-click on “Command Prompt” that shows in the list and click “Run as Administrator”
- Now in command prompt, type the following
- This command will stop IIS (the Windows web server) from running. If you restart WAMP your localhost should work again.
Note that this does not solve the problem in entirety, it only solves it for people who want to use both WAMP and IIS. But if you are like me and couldn’t care less for IIS, then you might as well disable it completely. To do this:
- Click the windows/start button, type in services.msc
- Scroll down in the Services and locate the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Right click on it and select “Properties”
- On properties screen, change “Startup Type” to Disabled
- Apply changes and your done
Happy WAMPing :)